Don't quote me on this:

If i rant here i dont need to burn someone's ears off!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Became a Christian on the 10/03/00 and my life hasn't been the same since... I went to Uganda, China and South Africa on short term mission, spent 4 years at Bristol University, and five working in Kent & London. I'm now enjoying working as a student pastor in Leeds, being married and learning to be a dad!

Saturday, July 17, 2004

The Chief Aim Of Man...

...is to glorify God by enjoying him forever.

Never a truer word spoken i hear myself thinking. Dont quote me on this because John Piper said it before me!

When i give something to my girlfriend and she is happy - i am over the moon, if she is all excited and goes and tells her friends about it - i feel on top of the world! When God gives us new life in Christ and we enjoy it... if we are so excited we go and tell our friends about it...

God is not selfish to tell us to live for him 100% he knows that by living for him we will get the best out of the gift he has given us, is there anything strange about that? I think it's natural.

In fact all the things God tells us to do are for our joy/happiness, because nothing glorifies him more than us enjoying his gift! The Bible says 'without faith it is impossible to please God' because God knows that our relationship with him (and that is based on faith) is the most important thing in our lives. In fact there is nothing that brings greater happiness in life than knowing Christ. Therefore we continue to do God's will in every situation because we know that our relationship with Christ will, at the end of the day, bring us the greatest joy of all.

I am unashamedly a Christian hedonist, because i know that glorifies God the most anyway!

"Jesus FOR THE JOY SET BEFORE HIM endured the cross"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home