Don't quote me on this:

If i rant here i dont need to burn someone's ears off!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Became a Christian on the 10/03/00 and my life hasn't been the same since... I went to Uganda, China and South Africa on short term mission, spent 4 years at Bristol University, and five working in Kent & London. I'm now enjoying working as a student pastor in Leeds, being married and learning to be a dad!

Monday, September 06, 2004

Cosmology vs God?

A serious cosmologist cannot, in the same mind, claim to also be a Christian.

Dont quote me on this because it is not true! I have been very excited as I have gotten into studying the big picture of our universe by the massive God-shaped holes that appear everywhere!

Modern scientists claim that time, space and energy all came into existance simultaneously... at the big bang. Essentially they're claiming they have a scientific need for 'creatio ex nihilo' (creation from nothing). A postion that Christians were ridiculed for holding for centuries.

There is no scientific explaination possible for the big bang, partly because all the 4 fundemental forces break down there, and our equations become useless; but far more simply... things dont just appear out of nothing. Order does not appear out of chaos, nor intellegence out of mindlessness: the second law of thermodynamics tells us this.

There is a God shaped hole in the story of beginnings... and nothing seems to fill it. I believe that we can learn a lot about the Creator of the universe by studying the shape of the hole he would leave if we could remove him, but that's for another post methinks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home